Corrosion Control Division
The mission of the Corrosion Control Division (CCD) is to promote the use of FRP composites technology and products for corrosion-resistant industrial applications. The CCD informs and educates end users, specifiers and engineers on the many benefits of composites in the design of corrosion resistant equipment. The CCD also provides guidance and standards for the design of FRP equipment for industrial applications. Finally, the CCD provides a unified voice for fabricators on issues relating to quality, production, safety and regulations of importance in the corrosion segment of the composites industry.
Activities and Achievements:
- Launched an end user website to educate engineers and specifiers about the advantages of composites and connect them with CCD fabricators at www.corrosionresistant.org.
- Sponsored the ACMA Corrosion, Mining and Infrastructure Conference in May 2013 in Denver, Colorado and developed the technical program for the ACMA Chemical Processing Symposium in November 2013 in Galveston, Texas.
- Developed the Certified Composites Technician (CCT) certification for corrosion market professionals www.acmanet.org/education-hub.
- Developed and presented an educational webinar FRP Used in Corrosion Prevention http://www.acmaeducationhub.org/webinars
Current and Future Projects:
- Education: Continue promoting and expand the FRP Used in Corrosion Prevention webinar to educate specifiers, engineers and students on the benefits, material selection and specification of corrosion resistant composites.
- Marketing: Promote the ACMA CCD through attendance and participation at non-ACMA trade shows such as NACE and exhibit booths at various end-user conferences.
Chair: Steve Guay, Ershigs, Inc.
Cost of membership: $100
For more information or to apply for membership, please contact the CGI Department at email@example.com