Effective: September 2014
We may need to change this Policy from time to time in order to address new issues and to reflect changes to the Site or the applicable law. We reserve the right to revise or make any changes to this Policy in our sole discretion, and your continual use of the Site subsequent to any changes to this Policy shall conclusively mean that you accept such changes. You can tell when this Policy has been updated by checking the effective date posted on the top of this page.
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 and children under the age of 13 should not use any portion of our Site. ACMA also does not knowingly collect or maintain information collected online from children under the age of 13.
2.Information We Collect
For each visitor to our web page, our web server may recognize the consumer’s domain name, IP address, or email address.
Personally Identifiable Information:
- The domain name and email address (where possible) of visitors to our Web page
- The email addresses of those who communicate with us via email
- Aggregate information on what pages consumers access or visit
- Information volunteered by the consumer, such as preferences, survey information and/or site registrations
- Name and address
- Telephone number
- Fax number
We may collect payment information (e.g. credit card number and billing address) from the web page, although any such collection may also be supplemented or accomplished by separate collection of payment information by teleconference with us or via written materials that are mailed to us by you. Please also note that end users may need to utilize third party service providers, such as PayPal, in order to make payment. In such instances, we recommend review of such third party service providers’ respective privacy policies.
Information from Third-Party Sources:
We may receive information about you from publicly and commercially available sources, as permitted by law, which we may combine with other information we receive from or about you.
Cookies and other Technology:
- Store visitors preferences
- To record past activity at a site in order to provide better service when visitors return to our Site
- Customize Web page content on visitors’ browser type or information that the visitor sends
- Track visitors demographic information with DoubleClick Network
- You can delete any cookies used by us manually or set your browser to automatically delete cookies on a pre-determined schedule. If you decline to accept any cookies used by us, you may not be able to take advantage of or participate in certain features of the Site.
- We use other technologies such as flash cookies and web beacons (clear GIFs) in connection with the Site to:
- Help us remember user settings, preferences and usage
- Monitor and collect certain limited information about our users, such as the type of browser requesting the web beacon, the IP address of the computer that the web beacon is sent to and the time the web beacon was viewed
- Compile aggregate statistics about our Site and our related marketing campaigns
- IP addresses:
- When you request web pages through the Site, our servers log your IP address. We may use IP addresses for a number of purposes, such as, without limitation, system administration, to report aggregate information to our business partners and/or to audit the use of the Site. We may associate your IP address with the other information you provide.
- Log Files:
- We automatically recognize and log the Internet URL from which you access our Site. We may also log your Internet protocol address or “IP address” (which may indicate the general location of your computer on the Internet), Internet service provider, and date/time stamp.
- Log files are used primarily for system administration and troubleshooting purposes.
Ad Serving Technology
Note that if you click on an ad that appears on the Site, you acknowledge and agree that your name or other identifying characteristics may be revealed to the advertiser (or the applicable third party ad server) through referrer headers (the URL transmitted by publishers when users click on ads).
3.How We Use Your Information
The information we collect is:
- Used to improve the content of our Web page
- Used to manage your account
- Used to notify visitors about updates to our Site
- Shared with agents or contractors who assist in providing support for our internal operations
- Used by us to contact consumers for marketing purposes
- Not shared with other organizations for commercial purposes except as set forth in Section 4 below
- Disclosed when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws, or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site.
4.Sharing Information with Third-Parties
We may enter into alliances, partnerships or other business arrangements with third-parties who may be given access to personal information including your name, address, telephone number and email for the purpose of providing you information regarding products and services that we think will be of interest to you. In connection with alliances, partnerships or arrangements, we may also provide certain information to third-parties if we have determined that the information will be used in a responsible manner by a responsible third-party. We also use third-parties to facilitate our business, including, but not limited to, sending email and processing credit card payments. In connection with these offerings and business operations, our partners and other third-parties may have access to your personal information for use in connection with business activities. As we develop our business, we may buy or sell assets or business offerings. Customer, email, and visitor information is generally one of the transferred business assets in these types of transactions. We may also transfer such information in the course of corporate divestitures, mergers, or any dissolution.
From time to time, we make the email addresses of those who access our Site available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your email address with other companies or organizations, please let us know by:
- Sending us email at the email address listed in Section 5 below and telling us that you do not want us to share your email address with other companies.
From time to time, we make customer/member email lists available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. If you do not want us to share your email address with other companies or organizations, please let us know by:
- Sending us email at the at the email address listed in Section 5 below.
If you supply us with your postal address online, you may receive periodic mailings from ACMA with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish to receive mailings, please let us know by sending us email at the email address listed in Section 5 below.
You may also receive mailings from other reputable companies. You can, however, have your name put on our do not share list by sending us email at the email address listed in Section 5 below. Please provide us with your exact name and address. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with organizations.
Persons who supply us with their telephone numbers online may receive telephone contact from other reputable companies. You can, however, have your name put on our do-not-share list by sending us email at the email address listed in Section 5 below. Please provide us with your exact name and phone number. We will be sure your name is removed from the list we share with organizations.
5.Opt-Out, Accessing and Correcting Your Information
Upon your written request we provide site visitors with access to:
- Unique identifier information (e.g. customer name or password) that we maintain about them
- Transaction information (e.g. dates on which customers made purchases, amounts and types of purchases) that we maintain about them
- Contact information (e.g. name and address, phone number) that we maintain about them
Upon your written request we offer visitors the ability to have inaccuracies corrected in:
- Contact information
- Transaction information
Consumers may access their information or have their information corrected by sending us an email at the below email address.
ACMA Contact Information:
Postal address: 3033 Wilson Blvd. Suite 420, Arlington, VA 22201
We can be reached via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We can be reached via phone at: 703-525-0511
Additionally, if you do not want to receive email from us in the future, please let us know by sending us an email at the above email address.
6.Notice to California Residents
Additionally, you should know that we may allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you access, visit and/or use our Site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your use of the Site in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of interest to you. Several of our service providers who utilize these cookies or beacons on our web Site enable you to opt out of this behavioral advertising. To learn more or opt out from these providers you can visit www.networkadvertising.org or aboutads.info. We also provide you with additional tools to opt out of marketing from us or certain transfers of your information. Please see Section 4 above.
7.Websites Linked to Our Website
Our Site incorporates appropriate physical, electronic, and administrative security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site.
ACMA may engage in e-commerce through the website and may use your information to process payments directly online.
If you feel that this Site is not following its stated information policy, you may contact us at the address, email, or phone number listed in Section 5 above.
We may disclosure your personal information if required to do so by law or subpoena or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law or comply with legal process served on us or affiliated parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, the Site, the users of the Site, and/or our affiliated parties; (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of the Site, us, or third-parties.